From PiBoSo Documentation
Revision as of 14:26, 13 January 2020 by PiBoSo
EDFexp is a legacy exporter for 3DS MAX 2010. For all other software use FBX2EDF
- Mesh : Export Skydomes (.edf) file
- Map : Export the track geometry, textures & lighting (.map) file. Everything in the scene is exported
- Collision : Export the track collision data (.trp) file. Only correctly named objects will be exported (for example, TRKASPH)
- Download the EDFexp plugin
- Place EdfExp2010p.dle in the 3DSMAX plugins folder (typically C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2010\plugins\)
- Load 3DSMAX
- Delete anything from the scene that you don't want exported - everything in scene is exported including hidden objects.
- Ensure all collidable surfaces and objects are named correctly (refer to Track Creation Rules)
- File -> Export. Select EDFexp from the list. Name your track file, click save. This will bring up the exporter options window.
- For track geometry, you need to generate a graphics (MAP) file and a collision (TRP) file. Name all files the same.
- Now you should have 2 files in your export folder, track.map & track.trp. You can now open your track in TrackEd!